Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A
When a loved one passes on, it is likely that some or all of his or her estate will have to pass through probate. The probate process can be complicated and time-consuming. However, Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A, can review the estate and advise you as to the most efficient and economic manner to transfer property to the rightful heirs. You can rely on us to inform you of all your options to administer and distribute the estate.
Do I Need a Probate Attorney?
When you hire our firm you will receive the following benefits:
• A compassionate probate lawyer with an advanced law degree (JD + LLM)
• Our probate attorney personally meets with you to understand and oversee your case. Other firms have a paralegal or intake person.
• We handle all necessary court appearances and reduce costs with Courtcall.
• As a probate attorney we are dedicated to keeping you, “in the loop” and we always communicate well.
Florida probate law can be messy, and navigating it on your own can be time-consuming. Our expert representation helps you avoid problems and costly mistakes. Our probate lawyers are Certified Specialist in Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law.
Our Probate Services
Our firm helps executors and administrators requiring appointment by the probate court. Once you appoint us as your probate attorney, we then offer the following probate service:
• Publish and bond your estate
• Protect assets through the process and assist to value assets
• Prepare inventory, collect and value assets
• Pay the required expense of the estate as well as taxes and debts
• Communicate all beneficiary concerns
• Give notice to creditors and resolve issues such as creditor claims
• Sell property, file an accounting, final distribution of the assets
Probate can be an expensive process, often taking a year or longer. Florida probate law is composed of a large volume of statutes, and is also influenced by prior court cases at the national and state levels. As an experienced probate attorney, whenever possible we work together to reduce the chance of litigation. There are many codes and cases, as well as new and updated laws, so we advise you to hire a lawyer whose sole focus is on probate laws in Florida, rather than a general practitioner.
Save Costs with Probate Planning
To eliminate the high cost of any probate service it is necessary to plan properly, which means if you’re a homeowner, do estate planning now to take care of your family for the present and future!
When you require a probate attorney or professional guidance with a probate service in Florida please contact us for a free consultation.
Your Loved One Just Passed, Now What?
We urge you to please give us a call. We offer emotional comfort with a simple explanation of what must be done immediately and what you can handle at a later date after you have had some grieving time and are feeling better from the tremendous loss of a loved one.
Our expertise in Florida probate law provides a thorough understanding of responsibilities for executors, administrators and personal representatives. Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A has over 25 years of handling probate law cases.
Need help with any type of probate service? We have an excellent track record that can benefit you regarding all facets of probate laws.