Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A
EXPERIENCED COUNSEL GUIDING FROM TOP PROBATE LAWYERS IN FLORIDA YOU THROUGH THE LEGAL TWISTS AND TURNS OF THE FLORIDA PROBATE PROCESS.
Losing a loved one is extremely stressful and having an experienced law firm stand with you during this difficult time can make all the difference. For more than two decades, Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A has been helping families in Florida through the probate process and offers the personal attention that only a small, dedicated firm can provide. We can’t make your pain go away, but we can be there to help effectively navigate the legal twists and turns of the probate process.
Is a Probate Attorney Necessary?
YOUR IMPORTANT DECISIONS DESERVE SOUND, COMPETENT LEGAL ADVICE.
Don’t get Discouraged.
No matter how great you think your coping skills are, the loss of a loved one can easily become overwhelming. At Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A, we help you understand the probate process in simple and straight forward terms.
Let us do the “heavy lifting” with the following:
• File the original will with the clerk’s office.
• Obtain death certificate.
• Petition with the probate court for an order to be appointed executor or personal representative.
• Explain in detailed, understandable terms your duties as personal representative.
• Collect the assets and file a list known as an “inventory”.
• Consolidate all the Estate funds.
• Pay bills and taxes.
• File tax returns.
• File a final account.
• Distribute property to the heirs and beneficiaries.
Did you know? Even if you have a revocable living trust, you may still be required to open a probate. If an asset hasn’t been transferred into the trust prior to death, then it will have to be probated.