Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A
Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A provides a variety of estate planning services, including:
• Recommending strategies to maximize investments and minimize tax liability for family and business financial situations
• Preparation of wills, trusts, living wills, durable powers of attorney, and medical powers of attorney
• Preparation of estate tax returns
• Representing clients in probate proceedings
• Small and Family Owned Businesses
We believe that it is very important for lawyers to have a complete understanding of a client’s business and financial objectives. We believe that in order to accomplish these objectives, it is important to focus on eliminating real or perceived obstacles. To accomplish the client’s objectives requires creativity coupled with practical experience. We help the client in selecting the right entity to meet their business goals, taking into account tax considerations and other goals of the client.
Small Business services include:
• Creation and assistance in the formation of business entities
• Negotiating and drafting contracts and employment agreements
• Preparation of buy-sell agreements, business succession-planning and transfer of family owned businesses
• Representing clients in the sale or purchase of a business
• Business retirement planning
• Negotiation and representation for business and commercial transactions
• Real Estate
We provide a wide range of legal services in all areas involving real estate, both as an owner, developer, tenant or purchaser.
Real Estate services including:
• Representation in the purchase, sale or financing of residential & commercial real estate
• Drafting of purchase & sale agreement, leases & other real estate documents.
Solutions to tax issues require new and creative ideas combined with a strong background in taxation. We have the ability to assist the client in Federal and State tax issues.
Other tax related services include:
• Consultation regarding income, gift and estate taxes
• Structuring tax-sensitive business and personal transactions
• Representing clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Michigan Department of Treasury during audits, investigations, appeals and collection proceedings
• Representing clients in tax litigation
• Assisting clients in payment of taxes