Judy-Ann Smith Law Firm, P.A
Estate Planning Services – Counsel clients on the identification, design and signing of individual client estate plans. Any legal/technical questions or questions regarding the design or signing of client estate plans are handled in this department.
• Traditional Planning – Handling all matters regarding Wills, Health Care Proxies, Living Wills, Power of Attorneys, Revocable and Irrevocable Living Trusts.
• Modern Planning – Handling all matters specific to single people, unmarried couples, blended families, LGBT, and planning for pets.
• Medicaid Planning – Pre-crisis planning pertaining to protection of assets from Nursing Homes and ensure eligibility for Medicaid if needed. Pooled Trust Notification Bill that requires Medicaid applicants and recipients, who have to much income to initially qualify, to be notified of this Pooled Income Trust planning option.
• Asset Protection Planning – Protection of assets from the Government, Taxes, Lawsuits, and Nursing Homes, divorce, bad business ventures and predators.
• Business Succession Planning – Protection of business interests and ensure effective plan in place to continue business if unanticipated incapacity or death of principal. Help business owners explore tax efficient options to sell their business and minimize taxes or transfer it to next generation and to preserve their financial security.
• Advanced Tax Planning – Handling all matters concerning potentially large income or estate taxes. State of the art strategies that permit individuals to minimize taxes but maintains control and financial security. We help identify family strengths and goals for 1, 2, 3 or more generations while protecting a lifetime of assets for future generations and from their indiscretions.
• In–Marriage QDRO – There is now a way to transfer funds from your retirement account to an IRA owned by a spouse for cash immediately that follows federal guidelines and avoids penalties. 401(k) plans, Pension Plans, Profit Sharing Plans, State Municipal Plans, State deferred compensation plans CAN be TRANSFERRED between Married Spouses!
What Makes Us Different
Estate planning is all we do. What makes us different from a typical law firm is, we’re not just lawyers, we’re people who believe strongly in what we do and advocate and support our clients. We love what we do, and more importantly, we love helping people make their lives easier and protect what they worked a lifetime to build. We cannot help you with your traffic tickets, divorce, if you fall, or are in an accident. If needed, we will support you to find the best lawyers able to help you in those areas. Most importantly, we work as a team with your professionals by training all of our team members to handle the individual needs of our clients. We know how to tackle complex matters in simple ways you can understand. Let us show you the difference. Let us show you how to keep your life simple when life becomes really complicated.
Our way of helping clients is so successful, we serve as a model law firm to hundreds of law firms across the country. We have trained over 2,000 lawyers across the country on how to serve clients effectively, all by what we have learned, helping our local clients obtain a peace of mind.