Meet Judy-Ann Smith, BSN, MS, JD, RN
- B.S. in Nursing from Florida Atlantic University
- M.S. in Nursing from Florida Atlantic University
- J.D. from Nova Southeastern University
My passion as an attorney is being able to help people. When I help people resolve their legal issues that is the most rewarding aspect of the work I do. I also have an empathetic and compassionate side and I am willing to listen to my clients’ issues, to get a deeper understanding of what they would like to achieve and accomplish. Most importantly, I am an assertive advocate for all my clients and I will fight for what is fair and just according to the laws of the land.
I have extensive experience in the healthcare industry and for many years I worked as a registered nurse in the hospital and clinical setting as well as having held administrative and management positions.
Legally, I have successfully handled divorce cases and family law cases. With regards to estate planning, I have counseled and advised clients on their estate planning needs, prepared estate plans, and given presentations on estate planning. My goal is to make estate planning as accessible, efficient and streamlined as possible so that individuals, families, and business owners are motivated to express their estate planning goals, and families and business partners do not have to deal with the disastrous fallout from a lack of planning. I believe that effective estate planning is critical to the financial, physical, and emotional well-being of my clients, and I am grateful for the opportunity to be involved in the process.
I have successfully handled probate cases, assisting fiduciaries with estate administration and assisting families in implementing plans when loved ones pass away. As well as assist Trustees’ navigate through trust administration issues.
- Member Florida Bar Association
- Member of Florida Bar Family Law Section
- Member Florida Bar Real Property, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Member Clay County Bar Association
- Member Jacksonville Bar Association
- Member Financial Planning Association
- Member Association of African American Financial Advisors
- Member D. W. Perkins Bar Association